Words have work to do

It's my job to come up with the most productive ones.

At Operative Words, I put words to work as brand names, taglines, and product descriptors.

I coordinate teams of words for nomenclature systems that organize products and lines of business.

I recruit just one or two words -- the right words -- to do the heavy, heady work of expressing a brand's essence and positioning.

For twenty years, words have been my labor of love.

Before starting Operative Words, I was Global Director of Naming and Writing at Landor Associates; worked there for 13 years.

At Lexicon Branding, I named consumer products, pharmaceuticals, companies and technologies.

I've been a typesetter, copywriter, software marketer and product manager. And for a few years, I did nothing but design wine lists. That was fun.

I have an honors degree in Linguistics from UC Santa Cruz and, on occasion, lecture there and at Haas Business School.

Over the course of my verbal branding career, I've worked for over 230 companies and brought more than 160 new brand names to market.

To learn more, please read my profile on LinkedIn.

Join me. Let's put words to work.